Tuesday, February 9, 2010

And In the Beginning....

"Mitchell's the man, I'm the idiot you're the screw-up and we're all losers. Welcome to Music Town." - Empire Records

So,here it begins. One day, while in the shower, I decided I was going to go through a number of "Greatest" lists from the bottom to the top. It was only recently that I was disillusioned enough to believe anyone would care to hear my thoughts about these small feats. In particular, I decided to blog about Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. After I decided to follow through with such a folly, I realized that a blog detailing my opinions of Rolling Stone's comprehensive list would be just that....a blog detailing my opinions. Thus, I enlisted a friend of mine to take part in spewing forth his opinion on five-hundred musical works. Doing so not only helps to offer alternative perspectives of each album, but allows me to share this possible embarrassment with another individual. That being said, it should be known that, although Mike ("The Fat Man" in this duo) is a friend, our musical tastes have often been laughably and argumentatively different. If nothing else, this blog will offer a mirror of age-long conversations between friends over a few beers on long summer evenings. In reality, isn't that what Mike and I are doing here? Arguing our tastes and opinions? In any case, we encourage and would be happy to hear your thoughts on these albums or our critiques on
them.

-d.


The Beginning: #500 - Touch by Eurythmics

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5938174/the_rs_500_greatest_albums_of_all_time

3 comments:

  1. Any public musings from The Fat Man will be, at the very least, entertaining. The only thought I have initially is that this post sounds like a dating ad. "We talk over beers on long summer nights." Get a room already!!

    That being said, I'm following the blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich-
    How do you think Mr. D and I came up with this idea? I said Sade was the best boudoir music, he said Al Green. Thus, our blog was born....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete